The CDC utilizes grants to assist other health-related and research organizations that contribute to CDC’s mission of health promotion through health information dissemination, preparedness, prevention, research, and surveillance. This website provides useful information on finding and applying for CDC grants.
Most awards are made through a competitive application process; however, if either Congress or the CDC determines that a single organization is the best resource for the public service activity, a grant may be awarded without competition.
The competitive process begins with the publication of the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) on both CDC’s website and on grants.gov. The FOA describes in full detail the purpose of the award, eligibility requirements, estimated award amount(s), application deadline, and method of selection.
Applications that meet the eligibility requirements and are responsive to the FOA are reviewed and scored by an objective review panel based on the criteria published in the FOA. The review panels are comprised of experts knowledgeable in the relevant field.
Applications for awards that support research are reviewed for both scientific merit and programmatic conformance.
Awards are made according to rank score, additional published criteria, if any, and the availability of funds.
After all selections have been made, organizations whose applications were reviewed but not funded, will be notified of their status. An application will remain active for one year from the date of notification.
References for Applicants
- Applying to CDC Funding Opportunities
- Applying to CDC Funding Opportunities – Power Point
- Glossary of FOA Terminology
- Budget Preparation Guidelines
- Additional Requirements
- NCAGE Code ~ International Applicants Only
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Office of Human Resources Protection (OHRP)
- eRA Commons
- Prepare To Apply
- Find Opportunity and Download Application Package
- Prepare Application
- Submit Application
- Check Submission Status
- Check Assembled Application
- Avoiding Common Errors
- eRA Class 101
References for Grantees
- Animal Welfare Guidance
- Anti-Lobby Restrictions for CDC Grantees
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Conference Spending Guidance for Grantees
- Division of Payment Management (DHHS)
- Federal Register
- Grantee’s Financial Reference Guide
- HHS Grants Policy Statement
- Human Subject Related Guidance
- OMB Circulars
- Paper Reduction Act
- Publication of Grant Funding Opportunity Announcements on Grants.gov
- Requesting a Redirection of Funds
- Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT)
- Sequestration Letter to Grantees
- Template for Carryover Request
- Template for Contract of Consultant Notification
- Template for Requesting a Change in Key Personnel
- Template for Requesting a No Cost Extension
- Template for Requesting an Org Name Change
- Tracking Accountability in Government Grants (TAGGS)
- Use of Appropriated Funds for Food and Beverage at CDC Sponsored Meetings
- Page last reviewed: May 16, 2014
- Page last updated: May 16, 2014
- Content source: