Information for Travelers
As an international traveler, it is important to be aware of how cholera can be spread, what can be done to prevent it, and what to do if you become ill. The most important thing you can do is to practice safe food and water precautions and frequent hand washing. Learn more about cholera and travelers' health.
CDC Travelers' Guidance
- Travelers' Health Yellow Book Chapter 3 – Cholera
- Travelers' Health Yellow Book Chapter 2 – Food and Water Precautions
- Travelers' Health Yellow Book Chapter 2 – Traveler's Diarrhea
- Travelers Health Yellow Book Chapter 2 – Water Disinfection for Travelers
- Water Disinfection
CDC Travel Health Notices
- For cholera-related travel health notices, please visit CDC’s Travel Health Notices page.
Other Cholera Guidance
- Page last reviewed: November 5, 2015
- Page last updated: November 5, 2015
- Content source: