Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
In the News
- September is National Food Safety Education Month. Get CDC information on keeping your family's food safe that you can use year-round.
- Genetic data on antibiotic resistance of Salmonella infections is available for first time in the NARMS Human Isolates Surveillance Report.
- Global emergence of multidrug-resistant Candida auris
- New study compares characteristics of sporadic and outbreak-associated foodborne illnesses.
- The mcr-1 gene conferring colistin resistance has been discovered in U.S. E.coli samples. More information
- Page last reviewed: May 2, 2016
- Page last updated: August 26, 2016
- Content source: