Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
In the News
- On October 18, Public Health Grand Rounds will focus on how new diagnostic tests are changing the landscape of tracking infectious diseases and foodborne illness.
- Get CDC information on keeping your family's food safe that you can use year-round.
- Genetic data on antibiotic resistance of Salmonella infections is available for the first time in the NARMS Human Isolates Surveillance Report.
- Global emergence of multidrug-resistant Candida auris
- The mcr-1 gene conferring colistin resistance has been discovered in U.S. E.coli samples.
- Page last reviewed: May 2, 2016
- Page last updated: October 5, 2016
- Content source: