New at CDC
Health and Wellness
Science and Research
- Update: Interim Guidance for Preconception Counseling and Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus for Persons with Possible Zika Virus Exposure — United States, September 2016
- Mean Age of Mothers is on the Rise: United States, 2000–2014
- Patterns and Trends in Age-Specific Black-White Differences in Breast Cancer Incidence and Mortality – United States, 1999–2014
- Reported STDs at Unprecedented High in the U.S.
- Increases in Drug and Opioid Overdose Deaths — United States, 2000–2014
Journal of Women’s Health: Report from the CDC
Whitney talks about how finding doctors and supports groups specializing in HIV and transgender women and men has helped her stay on HIV treatment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) HIV Treatment Works campaign for people living with HIV features the stories of individuals talking about how sticking to HIV treatment helps them stay healthy, protect others, do what they love, and live a longer, healthier life.
Lung Cancer Survivorship
A lung cancer survivor shares her story about diagnosis, treatment, and community support. She also gives advice for other cancer survivors.
- Page last reviewed: August 1, 2017
- Page last updated: August 1, 2017
- Content source: