Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
The 2016 National Health Information Award winning 64-page guideCdc-pdf offers a quick read on childhood diseases and the vaccines that protect children from them.
The Parents’ Guide to Childhood Immunizations helps parents and caregivers learn about the role vaccines play in helping keep children healthy. The color booklet includes a glossary and list of resources and is illustrated with children’s artwork.
Three Ways to Read This Guide:
- Read online
- Order a printed booklet
- Download a printer-friendly version
Read or Download the Parents’ Guide
NOTE: Booklet page size is 6-3/8” x 9.” If you print, see “Paper Sizing & Handling” in the print dialog box. Select “Booklet” to print as side-by-side pages on 11” x 8-1/2″.
- 64-page booklet Cdc-pdf[3.35 MB, 60 pages]
- Part 1 – Childhood Diseases and the Vaccines that Prevent Them Cdc-pdf[14 pages]
- Part 2 – Before, During and After the Immunization Office Visit Cdc-pdf[8 pages]
- Part 3 – How Vaccines Work & Risks and Benefits of Vaccination Cdc-pdf[10 pages]
- Part 4 – Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 5 – Summary of Childhood Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Cdc-pdf[3 pages]
- Glossary and Resources Cdc-pdf[6 pages]
Order a Booklet
- Open CDC-INFO on Demand – Publications.
- Under “Programs,” select “Immunization and Vaccines (Schedules and Booklets).”
- Find “Parents Guide to Childhood Immunizations,” Pub ID 221179
- Indicate number of booklets needed (limit: 25) and click “Add to Cart.”
- When ready, click “Check Out” under “Cart” at top right of the page.
- Complete the order form and click “Submit Order.” Orders require 2-4 weeks for delivery; rush orders are not available.