CDC’s Office of Minority Health and Health Equity provides information about minority populations within the United States, including American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) populations.
The US Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS') Office of Minority Health also maintains information about minority health and health disparities related to AI/AN populations, including data and statistics, multimedia resources, and campaign information.
HHS operating divisions, including CDC/ATSDR, celebrate National American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month every November.
Health Disparities Resources
- Health of American Indian or Alaska Native Populations
- Causes of Death Among American Indians and Alaska Natives
- CDC Health Disparities & Inequalities Report
- Indian Health Service: Trends in Indian Health: 2014 Edition
- National Institutes of Health: US National Library of Medicine
- Health Disparities in HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STDs, and TB: American Indian and Alaska Natives
- Page last reviewed: July 22, 2016
- Page last updated: July 22, 2016
- Content source: