CDC and Indian Country: Working Together [PDF-11MB] is a snapshot of CDC’s work with tribal nations, tribal organizations, and American Indian and Alaska Natives across the United States.
CDC’s Office of Minority Health and Health Equity provides information about minority populations within the United States, including American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) populations.
The US Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS’) Office of Minority Health also maintains information about minority health and health disparities related to AI/AN populations, including data and statistics, multimedia resources, and campaign information.
HHS operating divisions, including CDC/ATSDR, celebrate National American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month every November.
Health Disparities Resources
- US Census Bureau: My Tribal Area Data Tool
- Health of American Indian or Alaska Native Populations
- Causes of Death Among American Indians and Alaska Natives
- CDC Health Disparities & Inequalities Report
- Indian Health Service: Trends in Indian Health: 2014 Edition
- National Institutes of Health: US National Library of Medicine
- Health Disparities in HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STDs, and TB: American Indian and Alaska Natives
- Page last reviewed: July 22, 2016
- Page last updated: July 28, 2017
- Content source: