TB Centers of Excellence for Training, Education, and Medical Consultation
TB COEs have been selected for the project period 2023-2027. For more information, please see Dear Colleague Letter: TB Centers of Excellence for Training, Education, and Medical Consultation (November 18, 2022).
The CDC’s Division of Tuberculosis Elimination funds four TB Centers of Excellence for Training, Education, and Medical Consultation (TB COEs) for the project period 2023-2027. The TB COEs are regionally assigned to cover all 50 states and the U.S. territories. The U.S. affiliated Pacific Islands (USAPI) are jointly served by all COEs.
The four TB COEs are:
- Curry International Tuberculosis Center
- Global Tuberculosis Institute at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Mayo Clinic Center for Tuberculosis (MCCT)
- Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center
The TB COEs support domestic TB control and prevention efforts with a focus on two major activities:
- Increasing knowledge, skills, and abilities for TB prevention and control through communication, education, and training activities (TB Training and Education Products Webpage); and
- Improving sustainable evidence-based TB clinical practices and patient care through the provision of expert medical consultation.