TB Centers of Excellence for Training, Education, and Medical Consultation
The CDC’s Division of Tuberculosis Elimination funds four TB Centers of Excellence for Training, Education, and Medical Consultation (TB COEs) for the project period 2018-2022. The TB COEs are regionally assigned to cover all 50 states and the U.S. territories.
The four TB COEs are:
- Curry International Tuberculosis Centerexternal icon
- Global Tuberculosis Institute at Rutgers, The State University of New Jerseyexternal icon
- Heartland National Tuberculosis Centerexternal icon
- Southeastern National Tuberculosis Centerexternal icon
The TB COEs support domestic TB control and prevention efforts with a focus on two major activities:
- Increasing knowledge, skills, and abilities for TB prevention and control through communication, education, and training activities (TB Training and Education Products Webpage)external icon; and
- Improving sustainable evidence-based TB clinical practices and patient care through the provision of expert medical consultation.