CDC works around the clock to get the right information into the right hands at the right time. To meet increasing demands for speed and accuracy, we must constantly improve how we track and report illness and other health conditions. CDC’s Surveillance Strategy is navigating change by improving the value of our data, beginning with how we interface with states.
Learn about our core strategy behind improvements in public health surveillance data.
See how modernizing disease surveillance is making an impact now—and where we’re going next.
Get connected to speakers, new trends in Health IT, and innovative projects across CDC and beyond.
Find articles, information, and background on CDC's ongoing work to improve surveillance data.
Click on Conversations with CDC Surveillance Experts to learn how surveillance works from tracking everyday issues, like food poisoning, to understanding how we capture and report vital statistics
- Apple, in Sign of Health Ambitions, Adds Medical Records Feature for iPhone, New York Times, January 24, 2018
- ONC: Artificial Intelligence Has Potential to Reshape Healthcare, HealthIT Analytics, January 19, 2018
- Few physicians are fluent in data. New program aims to fix that, AMA Wire, January 16, 2018
- CDC wants to bring clinical guidelines into the ‘digital age’: 3 things to know, Becker’s Hospital Review, January 16, 2018
- Flu Closes Schools, Flusters Hospitals Nationwide, ABC News, January 15, 2018
- CDC looks to bring its clinical guidance into the digital age, Fierce Healthcare, January 12, 2018
- The 2018 Flu Season Is Already a Deadly One. Here’s What You Can Still Do About It, Fortune, January 8, 2018
- These are the states where infant mortality is highest, CNN.com, January 4, 2018
- Federal health officials head Monterey County, collecting local data to gauge the nation’s health, Monterey County Now, January 4, 2018
- CDC reports E. coli death; link to romaine investigated, The Packer, January 3, 2018
- Page last reviewed: February 1, 2018
- Page last updated: February 1, 2018
- Content source: