Control Asthma Indicators
Health outcomes – quality measures
Emergency visit use – Rate of emergency visit use for children with asthma (Collaboration for Advancing Pediatric Quality Measures, Pediatric Quality Measures Program: CAPQuaM I PQMP Asthma 1; #0113).external icon
- This measure estimates the rate of emergency department (ED) visits for children ages 2-21 years who are being managed for identifiable asthma. The measure is reported in visits per 100 child-years.
Optimal asthma control: Proportion of children with controlled asthma out of all children with asthma (HMIS 3890pdf iconexternal icon) MIPS
- Composite measure of the percentage of pediatric and adult patients whose asthma is well-controlled as demonstrated by one of three age appropriate patient reported outcome tools and not at risk for exacerbation.
Asthma admission rate – children (ages 2-17) (PDI-14pdf iconexternal icon) Medicaid, NQF
- Admissions with a principal ICD-10 diagnosis of asthma per 100,000 per population, ages 2 to 17 years.
Asthma admissions rate – younger adults (ages 18-39) (PQI15-ADpdf iconexternal icon) NQF
- Admissions for a principal diagnosis of asthma per 100,000 population, ages 18 to 39 years.
ROI of self-management education and home visits for children (ages 2-17) with asthma
- ROI of self-management education and home visits for children (ages 2-17) with asthmaexternal icon.
- Swann, J. L., Griffin, P. M., Keskinocak, P., Bieder, I., Yildirim, F. M., Nurmagambetov, T., … & Singleton, C. M. (2021). Return on investment of self-management education and home visits for children with asthma. Journal of Asthma, 58(3), 360-369.
Cost-effectiveness and benefit-cost ratios
- Economic Value of Home-Based, Multi-Trigger, Multicomponent Interventions with an Environmental Focus for Reducing Asthma Morbidity: A Community Guide Systematic Reviewexternal icon.
- Nurmagambetov, T. A., Barnett, S. B. L., Jacob, V., Chattopadhyay, S. K., Hopkins, D. P., Crocker, D. D., … & Task Force on Community Preventive Services. (2011). Economic value of home-based, multi-trigger, multicomponent interventions with an environmental focus for reducing asthma morbidity: a Community Guide systematic review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 41(2), S33-S47.
Every 1-3 years
HEDIS HEDISexternal icon Measure
Medicaid Medicaid Core Setexternal icon Measure
MIPS MIPSexternal icon Measure
CDC CDC EXHALE Performance Measure