6|18 Resources and Tools
Multi-sector Public Health Opportunities to Improve Heart Health 6|18 Initiative Interventions
NewThe Population Health Innovation Lab partnered with the CDC’s Office of the Associate Director for Policy and Strategy to explore and identify effective strategies to support collaboration among change agents in business, public health, healthcare, and community organizations in the implementation of evidence-based strategies to improve hypertension control from the CDC’s 6 | 18 Initiative. The Toolkit for Change Three Steps to a Healthy Heart Communitypdf iconexternal icon was informed by interviews with key informants from the business sector, health plans, healthcare providers, and nonprofit organizations and is a starting place for those interested in making an impact on their community’s heart health.
Developing Public-Private Partnerships to Improve Employee and Population Health
Recorded on February 25, 2020.
Christa Singleton from CDC, Chris Miles from Leavitt Partners, Lauren Remspecher from St. Louis Area Business Health Coalition, and Glenn Studebaker from Missouri Department of Health and Human Services host a 1 hour presentation for state health departments and the private sector that provide an overview of the value of developing partnerships to enhance not only the well-being of employees, but of the community and population as a whole.
This webinar will help state health departments understand the value of partnering with businesses, how to find them, and how to effectively communicate to these groups. In addition, attendees will be introduced to CDC’s 6|18 Initiative, an effort to improve health and control healthcare costs by targeting six common health conditions and behaviors.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health-Employer Opportunities to Improve Population Health: CDC 6|18 Initiative
Developing partnerships between public health and the private sector is critical to enhancing the well-being of employees, and the community and population as a whole. This deck is intended to be used by state and local health departments connecting with employers to improve population health. Access a customizable slide deck ppt icon[PPT – 2 MB] with concrete examples of evidence-based strategies that employers can use to reduce tobacco use, control blood pressure, control asthma, and prevent type 2 diabetes.
6|18 is a Catalyst for Collaboration between State Medicaid and Public Health. See how by viewing our new infographic
Steps Public Health Departments Have Taken:
- Determined which high-burden health priorities aligned with 6|18 interventions
- Used economic information to make a business case for key decision makers
- Called their Medicaid agency counterpart to cultivate a collaboration
- CDC’s 6|18 Initiative: Accelerating Evidence into Actionpdf iconexternal icon Read more about the background and goals of the 6|18 Initiative in the National Academy of Medicine’s Discussion Paper. February 2016
- The 3 Buckets of Preventionexternal icon Read about how the 6|18 Initiative fits within a population health and prevention framework for clinicians, insurers, and public health practitioners in the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice. December 2015