Careers and Roles in Public Health
Skill targeted: Collaborative Performance
As part of the leading national public health protection agency in the United States, each public health professional plays a key role. Although individuals and their skills matter, public health requires collaboration between diverse individuals and communities. Building a workforce with a wide range of expertise from many educational disciplines, whether scientific or nonscientific, is essential to addressing the nation’s public health challenges and helps move us toward achieving health equity.
This section will strengthen your student’s ability to work collaboratively with a team to achieve a common goal.
Students will learn how to:
- Develop roles and expectations for leaders and team members to maximize performance
- Investigate leadership skills and group dynamics
- Leverage diverse skills sets to enhance teamwork
- Use case scenarios to solve a problem as a team
- Investigate strategies for effective communication