Information for Veterinarians
The Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control [PDF – 259KB] is published by the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians (NASPHV). The recommendations in this document serve as a basis for animal rabies prevention and control programs throughout the United States and facilitate standardization of procedures among jurisdictions, thereby contributing to an effective national rabies control program.
- Part I: Principles of rabies prevention and control
- Part II: Recommendations for parenteral vaccination procedures
- Appendix 1: List of animal rabies vaccines licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and marketed in the United States
NASPHV reviews this document annually and revises it as necessary. These recommendations do not supersede state and local laws or requirements.
- Page last reviewed: March 22, 2016
- Page last updated: February 26, 2018
- Content source: