Public Health Professionals Gateway
The Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) improves community health outcomes by strengthening state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies.
CDC Grant Funding Profiles
- Webinar: Leveraging Juvenile Justice Food Environments to Advance Health Equity3/5/2020 10:45:00 AMJoin ChangeLab Solutions on March 19 for the "Leveraging Juvenile Justice Food Environments to Advance Health Equity" webinar. The presentation will share new research from ChangeLab Solutions and RTI International on the policies and practices that shape food environments in juvenile justice facilities and explain how those policies and practices might address diet-related health inequities.
- The Suicide Prevention Center Free Online Course3/3/2020 9:04:00 AMThe Suicide Prevention Resource Center is offering the free online course, "Locating and Understanding Data for Suicide Prevention." The course covers many of the commonly used data sources for information on suicide deaths and attempts, suicidal ideation, and new frontiers in suicide surveillance, such as interactive dashboards and real-time data collection.
- Webinar: Host a PHAP Associate at Your Public Health Agency2/25/2020 10:00:00 AMPublic health professionals: Is your agency looking for impactful ways to expand and deliver your public health services? Perhaps you have staffing and budget gaps you need to fill? CDC's Public Health Associate Program (PHAP) may be the solution you are looking for! To learn more about applying to host an associate at your organization, visit the PHAP website and attend an upcoming technical assistance webinar, including one for host sites in US territories on February 26 and one for all potential host sites on March 4.
- Learn More About CDC's Disaster Epidemiology and Response 2/20/2020 9:09:00 AMPublic health professionals: With every disaster, health data is needed to make decisions, allocate resources, and provide situational awareness. Learn methods and tools to provide data in this training. Free CE.
- Apply to APHL - CDC Bioinformatics Fellowship2/18/2020 9:40:00 AMThe deadline to apply for the Association of Public Health Laboratories' (APHL's) CDC Bioinformatics Fellowship is February 29! The Bioinformatics fellowship provides post-master's and post-doctoral level professionals the opportunity to apply their skills to a range of important and emerging public health problems, while gaining experience in their fields. Visit APHL's website to learn more about the application process and program specifics.
10 Essential Public Health Services
Public health activities that all communities should undertake
Page last reviewed: April 3, 2020
Content source: Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support