- Raccoon Roundworm Infection Associated with Central Nervous System Disease and Ocular Disease-Six States, 2013-2015. MMWR September 9, 2016 / 65(35);930–933.
- Raccoon roundworms in pet kinkajous. MMWR March 18, 2011 / 60(10);302-305.
- Raccoon Roundworm Encephalitis—Chicago, Illinois and Los Angeles, California, 2000. MMWR January 4, 2002/50(51);1153-5.
- Seroprevalence of Baylisascaris procyonis Infection among Humans, Santa Barbara County, California, USA, 2014–2016. (Vol. 23, No. 8 – August 2017)
- Baylisascaris procyonis Roundworm Seroprevalence among Wildlife Rehabilitators, United States and Canada, 2012-2015. (Vol. 22, No. 12-December 2016)
- Viability of Baylisascaris procyonis eggs (Vol. 17, No. 7-July 2011)
- Baylisascaris procyonis infection in elderly person, British Columbia, Canada. (Vol. 18, No. 2-February 2012)
- Reducing Baylisascaris procyonis roundworm larvae in raccoon latrines (Vol. 17, No. 1-January 2011)
- Geographic Expansion of Baylisascaris procyonis Roundworms, Florida, USA (Vol. 16, No. 11-November 2010)
- Baylisascaris procyonis in the Metropolitan Atlanta Area (Vol. 9, No. 12-December 2003)
- Full recovery from Baylisascaris procyonis eosinophilic meningitis (Vol. 13, No. 6-June 2007)
- Raccoon roundworm eggs near homes and risk for larva migrans disease, California communities (Vol. 9, No. 12-December 2003)
- Baylisascaris procyonis: an emerging helminthic zoonosis (Vol. 8, No. 4-April 2002)
- Baylisascariasis Gavin PJ, Kazacos KR, Shulman, ST
Clinical Microbiology Reviews, October 2005, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 703-718
- Severe and fatal central nervous system disease in humans caused by Baylisascaris procyonis, the common roundworm of raccoons: a review of current literature Wise ME, Sorvillo FJ, Shafir SC, Ash LR, Berlin OG
Microbes and Infection, February 2005, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 317-323
- Raccoon roundworm encephalitis Murray WJ, Kazacos KR
Clin Infect Dis, 2004, Vol. 39, No. 10, pp. 1484–1492
- Raccoon roundworm (Baylisascaris procyonis) Gavin PJ and Shulman ST
The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, July 2003, Vol. 22, No. 7, pp. 651-652
- Neural larva migrans caused by the raccoon roundworm Baylisascaris procyonis Gavin PJ, Kazacos KR, Tan TQ, Brinkman WB, Byrd SE, Davis AT, Mets MB, and Shulman ST
The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, October 2002, Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. 971-975
- Baylisascaris procyonis and related species Kazacos KR. Samuel WM, Pybus MJ, Kocan AA, eds. Chapter 11 from Parasitic Diseases of Wild Mammals, 2nd edition. Iowa State Univ Press, 2001, pp. 301-41
- Eosinophil-associated inflammation and elaboration of eosinophil-derived proteins in 2 children with raccoon roundworm (Baylisascaris procyonis) encephalitis Moertel CL, Kazacos KR, Butterfield JH, et al.
Pediatrics, November 2001, Vol. 108, e93
- Raccoon roundworm (Baylisascaris procyonis) encephalitis: case report and field investigation Park SY, Glaser C, Murray WJ, Kazacos KR, Rowley HA, Fredrick DR, and Bass N
Pediatrics, October 2000, Vol. 106, No. 4, e56.
- Differentiation of Baylisascaris species, Toxocara canis, and Toxascaris leonine infections in dogs.
Averbeck GA, Vanek JA, Stromberg BE, Laursen JR.
Veterinary Medicine & Small Animal Clinician, 1995, Vol. 17, pp.475-478, 511
- Baylisascaris larva migrans Kazacos KR and Boyce WM
Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, October 1, 1989, Vol. 195, pp. 894-903
- Adult Baylisascaris infections in two dogs
Greve JH, O’Brien SE
Companion Animal Practice, April/May 1989, Vol. 19, pp.41-43