Guidelines for Public Comments
Some CDC sites, social media profiles, blogs, and applications allow for the posting of public comments. Posted comments must directly relate to the information and/or topics of discussion on those sites, blogs, and applications.
We encourage and welcome your comments. However, we request that this be done in a respectful manner, and we retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to hide, remove, and/or not allow comments to be posted.
We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right to hide or delete comments that contain:
- Misleading or false information, including links to sites containing misleading or false information
- Personally identifiable information, such as Social Security Numbers, home or business addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers;
- Threats of harm or violence
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity, including images of or links to such material
- Nudity in profile pictures or images shared in comments;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product or promote commercial websites or services;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile.
Repeated violations of the CDC comment policy may cause the author to be blocked.
Comments will be addressed as soon as possible. We trust the community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
This comment policy is valid for all discussions on any CDC-managed forum.
The opinions expressed in public comments are those of the authors and do not represent the official positions of the CDC or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Responses from CDC
CDC welcomes your comments and questions; however, we cannot respond to everyone. For a direct response, please use the CDC-INFO National Contact Center. CDC-INFO is your single source for accurate, timely, consistent, and science-based information. Representatives are available to answer your questions in English and Spanish, 8AM-8PM ET, Monday–Friday (Closed Holidays).
Call: 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)
TTY: (888) 232-6348,
Medical Questions and Personal Information
CDC cannot answer personal medical questions, and the information provided by CDC on this site is not intended to serve as medical advice; it is provided for informational purposes only. Only your health care provider can answer questions about your health. We do not allow comments that contain personal identifying information or private medical information, either about yourself or about a third party.
Media/ press representatives may contact the CDC Media Relations team.
Jobs at CDC
Please visit Careers at CDC
This site contains resources that are provided for the user’s information and convenience. The inclusion of these resources is not intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services, should any be referenced. Inclusion of such information does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC, or the federal government.
Unless a copyright is indicated, information on CDC’s sites, social media profiles, blogs, and applications are in the public domain and may be copied and distributed without permission.