Continuing Education for ZOHU Calls/Webinars
The goal of ZOHU Call Continuing Education opportunities is to increase participants’ knowledge and competencies on zoonotic diseases and One Health issues, their effects on human, animal, and environmental health, and strategies for preventing, detecting, and responding to zoonotic disease threats.
Overall series objectives
- Describe 2 key points from the presentation.
- Describe how a multisectoral One Health approach can be applied to the presentation topic.
- Identify an implication for animal and human health.
- Identify a One Health approach strategy for prevention, detection, or response to public health threats.
- Identify 2 new resources from CDC partners.
- You may participate in the educational activity by viewing the program information for each webinar. Browse available ZOHU Calls.
- Follow these 9 Simple Steps for getting free CE. Right click to open the link in a new window and follow the instructions.
- The ZOHU Call course number is 2962, and access code is onehealth2021.
CME: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides 0.8 contact hours.
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEU’s for this program.
CECH: Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES®) to receive up to 1.0 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced level continuing education contact hours available are 0. CDC provider number 98614.
CPH: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a pre-approved provider of Certified in Public Health (CPH) recertification credits and is authorized to offer 1.0 CPH recertification credits for this program. (Please note CPH credits are only available for ZOHU Call webinars with an Origination Date of May 6, 2020 or later.)
AAVSB/RACE: This program was reviewed and approved by AAVSB RACE program 1.0 for hours of continuing education. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Please contact the AAVSB RACE program if you have any comments/concerns regarding this program’s validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession.