State Licensing Scorecards 2020
Insight into how well state child care licensing regulations support science-based, healthy eating and physical activity standards.
Children’s Food Environment State Indicator Report pdf icon[PDF-761KB] 2011
Selected behaviors, environments, and policies that affect childhood obesity through support of healthy eating.
Cancer and Obesity October 2017
Overweight and obesity are associated with at least 13 different types of cancer.
Progress on Childhood Obesity August 2013
Many states show declines, but there is more work to be done to continue the downward trend.
Adult Obesity August 2010
In 2009, about 2.4 million more adults were obese than in 2007. More efforts are needed, and new federal initiatives are helping to change our communities into places that strongly support healthy eating and active living.
- Prevalence of Obesity and Severe Obesity Among Persons Aged 2–19 Years
- State-Specific Prevalence of Obesity Among Children Aged 2–4 Years Enrolled in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- Number of Youths Aged 2–19 Years and Adults Aged ≥20 Years with Obesity or Severe Obesity
- Obesity Prevalence Among Adults Living in Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Counties
- Health Care Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Among Adults with Arthritis and Overweight or Obesity
- Prevalence of Obesity Among Youths by Household Income and Education Level of Head of Household
- Prevalence of Obesity Among Adults, by Household Income and Education
- Percentage of Adults Aged ≥20 Years Who Reported Being Told by a Doctor or Health Professional to Increase Their Physical Activity, by Age Group and Obesity Status
- Percentage of Adults with a Visit to a Health Professional in the Past 12 Months Who Received Dietary Advice, by Obesity Status and Age Group
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption Among U.S. Adults – 18 States
- Obesity Among Low-Income, Preschool-Aged Children — United States, 2008–2011
- Obesity – United States, 1999 – 2010
- Beverage Consumption Among High School Students – United States, 2010
- Prevalence of Obesity Among Adults with Arthritis – United States, 2003 – 2009
- CDC Grand Rounds: Childhood Obesity in the United States
- Vital Signs: State-Specific Obesity Prevalence Among Adults – United States, 2009
US Adult Obesity Prevalence 2019
Maps for 49 states, the District of Columbia, and 2 US territories show self-reported adult obesity prevalence by race, ethnicity, and location.
Obesity Among WIC-Enrolled Young Children 2019
Obesity among children in low-income families served by the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesityexternal icon 2001
Both the prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity and their associated health problems are important public health goals.