This training provides instructions for the collection of environmental Bacillus anthracis spores, or anthrax, from nonporous surfaces using macrofoam swabs and cellulose sponges. The training consists of a segment of lecture with demonstration, followed by guided practice or an exercise where the instructor and an experienced sampler will observe and coach participants as they perform practice sampling.
(Total training time = 3 hours, 45 minutes)
- Instructor Training GuideCdc-pdf
- Instructor Training SlidesCdc-pdf
- How to sample with a cellulose sponge on nonporous surfacesCdc-pdf
- How to sample with a macrofoam swab on nonporous surfacesCdc-pdf
- How to decontaminate samplesCdc-pdf
Sample with cellulose sponge on nonporous surfaces