Mining Publication: Noise Exposure and Overhead Power Line (OPL) Safety Hazards at Surface Drilling Sites
Original creation date: November 2005
Authors: DC Reinke, GT Homce, JC Cawley, EA Barrett
This is a series of 5 separate double sided sheets designed to educate workers about noise exposure and overhead power line safety at surface drilling sites.
- Determination of Sound Exposures (DOSES): Software Manual and Implementation Guide
- DOSES - Determination of Sound Exposures - 1.1
- Drill Rig Incident
- The Evolution of Drill Bit and Chuck Isolators to Reduce Roof Bolting Machine Drilling Noise
- Improved NIOSH Collapsible Drill Steel Enclosure (CDSE) Prototype Helps Reduce Roof Bolting Drilling Noise
- Sound Power Level Study of a Roof Bolter
- Technology News 536 - NIOSH Develops New Software to Analyze and Reduce Noise Exposure
- Technology News 538: Acoustic Enclosure to Reduce Noise From Vibrating Screen Mechanism Housings
- Water Well Safety Bits: Health And Safety Information For The Water Well Industry
- What Does a Hearing Loss Sound Like?
Page last reviewed: 9/21/2012 Page last updated: 9/21/2012
Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program