Mining Feature: Automation and Advanced Technologies Workgroup Releases Report
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
The Metal Mining Automation and Advanced Technologies Workgroup released a report of its recommendations for research by NIOSH on November 12, 2019.
The workgroup reports to the Mine Safety and Health Research Advisory Committee on specific topics that affect potential health and safety issues related to the implementation of automation and other advanced technologies in U.S. metal mining.
- Accurate Navigation and Control of Continuous Mining Machines for Coal Mining
- Characteristics of Ultrasonic Ranging Sensors in an Underground Environment
- Experience with an Integrated, Computer-Controlled Communications and Monitoring System at the Robena Mine
- A Fail-Safe Control System for a Mine Methane Pipeline
- A Microcomputer Network for Mining Machine Control
- Remote Vision System for Dozers on Coal Stockpiles
- Safety Breakthrough -- Reduced Exposure Mining System (REMS)
- Safety Issues and the Use of Software-Controlled Equipment in the Mining Industry
- Technology News 453 - Navigation and Control of Continuous Mining Systems for Coal Mining
- Workshop on Emerging Technologies in Metal Mining