Mining Feature: Escape respirator request for information (RFI)
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Give NIOSH your input by 6/30/2021 on their request for information (RFI) titled Next Generation Closed Circuit Mine Escape Respirators (CCMERS). The posted RFI includes a draft specification document for guidance.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is seeking information from industry and prospective manufacturers on possible approaches for manufacturing, pricing, and commercial viability considerations for development of a Cap 2 Closed Circuit Escape Respirator (CCER) and a next generation Closed Circuit Mine Escape Respirator (CCMER) System.
For your input to be considered, please send your response to George Luxbacher (GLuxbacher@cdc.gov) no later than 3 p.m. ET on June 30, 2021.
- BG 4 Benching Trainer Software - 1.0.5
- BG 4 Benching Training Software
- BG 4 Breathing Apparatus Training Software Released
- Breathing Air Supplies and Refuge Alternative Research at SME 2016
- Breathing Air Supplies Research
- Breathing Air Supply Partnership
- I Can't Get Enough Air! Proper Self-contained Self-rescuer Usage
- Interactive BG 4 Training Software Reinforces Skills for Benching Mine Rescue Breathing Apparatus
- Smart Escape SCBA
- Transfer of Self-Contained Self-Rescuer Donning Skills Under Similar Conditions of Practice: The Draeger OXY-SR60B and the CSE SR-100