How To Wear Soft Foam Earplugs
To get the best protection from your soft foam earplugs, remember to roll, pull, and hold when putting them in. Use clean hands to keep from getting dirt and germs into your ears!
Check the fit when you're all done. Most of the foam body of the earplug should be within the ear canal. Try cupping your hands tightly over your ears. If sounds are much more muffled with your hands in place, the earplug may not be sealing properly. Take the earplug out and try again.
- The Consequences of 'Leaky' Enclosures
- The Effect of an Insertion Lubricant on the Noise Attenuation of Foam Earplugs
- How to Wear Soft Foam Earplugs (Roll-Pull-Hold)
- International Noise Awareness Day
- MultiFit4: An Improved System for Insert-Type
- NIOSH Tools For Hearing Loss Prevention Programs
- Technology News 534 - QuickFit Earplug Test Device
- Page last reviewed: 10/5/2016
- Page last updated: 7/16/2015
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program