Mining Publication: Technology News 534 - QuickFit Earplug Test Device
Original creation date: December 2008
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has been performing research to improve the level of hearing protection by providing workers with an inexpensive, easy-to-use device to check earplug fit.
Authors: RF Randolph
Technology News - December 2008
NIOSHTIC2 Number: 20034862
Pittsburgh, PA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2009-112. Technology News 534, 2008 Dec; :1-2
- Determination of Sound Exposures (DOSES): Software Manual and Implementation Guide
- DOSES - Determination of Sound Exposures - 1.1
- Drill Rig Incident
- The Effect of an Insertion Lubricant on the Noise Attenuation of Foam Earplugs
- How Can I Test My Hearing Protection?
- NIOSH Tools For Hearing Loss Prevention Programs
- Noise and Hearing Protection: Development of Two Training Exercises for Drillers
- Noise Exposure and Overhead Power Line (OPL) Safety Hazards at Surface Drilling Sites
- Technology News 536 - NIOSH Develops New Software to Analyze and Reduce Noise Exposure
- Technology News 538: Acoustic Enclosure to Reduce Noise From Vibrating Screen Mechanism Housings
- What Does a Hearing Loss Sound Like?
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Mining Program