COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The following resources are available from CDC/NIOSH to assist with personal protective equipment (PPE) use during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit NIOSH’s Personal Protective Equipment page for more information on PPE.
Healthcare-Specific PPE Use Guidance
Healthcare personnel should refer to infection prevention and control recommendations and guidance for caring for patients with confirmed or possible COVID-19 for additional guidance related to PPE recommendations.
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Protective Equipment
General PPE Guidance
How to Properly Use PPE
Optimizing PPE Supply
To track how quickly personal protective equipment is being used, download our free calculator or mobile app:
The following resources include a list of NIOSH-approved N95 respirators, the differences between N95 respirators and surgical masks, use guidelines, and information on fit-testing.
NIOSH-Approved N95 Respirators
- NIOSH-Approved N95 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators
- Counterfeit Respirators / Misrepresentation of NIOSH-Approval
Differences between N95 Respirators and Surgical Masks
How to Use Respirators
- Infographic: Important Steps for Using NIOSH-Approved N95 Filtering Facepiece Respiratorspdf icon
- Infographic: Three Key Factors Required for a Respirator to be Effectivepdf icon
- Infographic: How to Properly Put on and Take off a Disposable Respirator