Approaches to Safe Nanotechnology: Managing the Health and Safety Concerns Associated with Engineered Nanomaterials
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2010-112c
NIOSH is the leading federal agency conducting research and providing guidance on the occupational safety and health implications and applications of nanotechnology. This research focuses NIOSH’s scientific expertise, and its efforts, on answering the questions that are essential to understanding these implications and applications:
- How might workers be exposed to nano-sized particles in the manufacturing or industrial use of nanomaterials?
- How do nanoparticles interact with the body’s systems?
- What effects might nanoparticles have on the body’s systems?
Order the CD-ROM, Approaches to Safe Nanotechnology Managing Health and Safety Concerns with Engineered Nanomaterials, online on the CDC NIOSH Publications for the General Public Web site.
- Page last reviewed: June 6, 2014
- Page last updated: June 6, 2014
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division