NIOSH seeks input for its Center for Motor Vehicle Safety
NIOSH Docket Number 270-A, CDC-2016-0067
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced a public web meeting and an opportunity to comment on future directions for Center for Motor Vehicle Safety (CMVS).
The CMVS, with our partners, conducts research and develops strategies to prevent work-related motor vehicle crashes and injuries. The Center’s goal is to make sure that those who work in or near vehicles come home safely at the end of their work day. Learn more about the NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety.
In 2014, the NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety developed a 5-year strategic planpdf icon to help advance understanding of the risk factors that place workers at risk of work-related motor vehicle crashes, evaluate a range of interventions to reduce these risks, and develop and communicate research-based prevention information to employers, workers, and other stakeholders.
The purpose of this public web meeting and docket was to request public comment on NIOSH CMVS progress and future plans as outlined in the following reference documents: NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety: Progress Report 2016 and NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety: Performance Measures. NIOSH was especially interested in comments that address: research priorities, communications and outreach, and use of NIOSH products.
To view the notice, related materials, and any public comments, visit www.regulations.govexternal icon and enter CDC-2016-0067 in the search field and click “Search”. The public web meeting was held on September 14, 2016.
To view related docket see Docket 270.
- Federal Register Notice: Notice of issuance of final document pdf icon[PDF – 187K]
- Federal Register Notice: Federal Register Noticepdf icon
- Final: NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety: Results from 2016 Midcourse Review pdf icon[PDF – 471K]
- NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety Strategic Plan for Research and Prevention, 2014-2018pdf icon
- NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety Progress Report 2016pdf icon
- NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety Performance Measurespdf icon