Quarantine and Border Health Services
Quarantine and Border Health Services protects the public’s health through detection of and response to communicable diseases related to travel and imported pathogens and improves the health of globally mobile populations transitioning to U.S. communities.
Quarantine and Border Health Services focuses on the following activities:
- Responds to ill travelers who have serious diseases of public health interest
- Connects newly arrived immigrants who have certain health conditions with state public health authorities
- Ensures safe importation of animals and cargo
- Provides public health information to travelers and travel industry
For more information:
- Visit the Quarantine and Isolation site.
- Read the Protecting America’s Health at U.S. Ports of Entry fact sheet.
- Visit the Importation site.
- Page last reviewed: December 23, 2016
- Page last updated: December 23, 2016
- Content source: