Investigation Update on the Noordam
Cruise Line: Holland America
Cruise Ship: Noordam
Voyage Dates: July 23 – July 30, 2017
Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers onboard: 167 of 2,086 (8.02%)
Number of crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew onboard: 6 of 802 (0.75%)
Predominant symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea
Causative agent: unknown
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Holland America and the crew aboard the ship reported the following actions:
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection procedures according to their outbreak prevention and response plan,
- Collecting stool specimens from passenger and crew gastrointestinal illness cases for testing, and
- Making daily reports of gastrointestinal illness cases to VSP.
VSP is monitoring the outbreak and the ship’s response procedures.
Note: The gastrointestinal illness cases reported are totals for the entire voyage and do not represent the number of active (symptomatic) gastrointestinal cases at any given port of call or at disembarkation.
- Page last reviewed: July 28, 2017
- Page last updated: July 31, 2017
- Content source: