Investigation Update on the Celebrity Millennium
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Celebrity Cruises
Cruise Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Voyage Dates: 05/20 – 27/2011
Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers onboard: 104 of 2,058 (5.1%)
Number of ill crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew onboard: 9 of 921 (0.98%)
Predominant symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Celebrity Cruises and the crew aboard the ship have taken the following actions:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection procedures according to their outbreak prevention and response plan,
- Made announcements to both notify passengers and encourage case reporting,
- Collected stool specimens from ill passengers and crew for submission to the CDC lab,
- Made daily reports of gastrointestinal illness cases to the VSP
Two CDC Vessel Sanitation Program environmental health officers boarded the ship on arrival in Juneau, AK on May 24, 2011 to conduct a limited, targeted environmental health assessment and evaluated the outbreak and response activities.
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2011 (archived document)
- Content source: