Blood Clot Prevention Checklist for Pregnant Women
Expecting or recently had a baby? Don’t let a blood clot spoil your joy.
Discuss this checklist with your doctor.
Factors that increase your risk for a blood clot during pregnancy:
Additional factors that increase risk:
Seek medical care if you experience signs or symptoms of blood clots:
Blood clots in the legs or arms:
- Swelling of your leg or arm
- Pain or tenderness not caused by an injury
- Skin that is warm to the touch or red or discolored
If you experience any of these signs or symptoms, alert your doctor as soon as possible.
Blood clots in the lungs:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain, worsens with a deep breath or cough
- Coughing up blood
- Faster than normal or irregular heartbeat
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of these signs or symptoms.