Information for Health Departments
CDC works with partners in healthcare and state health departments to promote prevention of MRSA in healthcare settings and provides technical expertise and support to states for outbreak response and for conducting prevention initiatives to reduce MRSA.
- MRSA Surveillance through the National Healthcare Safety Network
- MRSA Surveillance through the Emerging Infections Program
- A summary of MRSA statistics can be found here and commentary is available at CDC’s Safe Healthcare Blog, MRSA thread.
View facility specific CLABSI, CAUTI, and SSI data. MRSA data in healthcare settings will be available on Hospital Compare in late 2013
- MRSA Baseline Prevention Practices Assessment Tool For States Establishing HAI Prevention Collaboratives [PDF – 229 KB]
- View health department-based projects to prevent MRSA and other healthcare-associated infections
- MRSA prevention slide set/toolkit
- To view specific guidelines for MRSA, visit the clinician prevention page.
- Page last reviewed: February 9, 2016
- Page last updated: April 15, 2016
- Content Source: