How do I know if I am addicted to marijuana?
Some of the signs that someone might be addicted to marijuana include:
- Trying but failing to quit using marijuana.
- Giving up important activities with friends and family in favor of using marijuana.
- Using marijuana even when it is known that it causes problems at home, school, or work. 4
Compared to marijuana users who are not addicted, people who are addicted to marijuana are at a higher risk of the negative consequences of using the drug, such as problems with attention, memory, and learning. For more information visit CDC’s section on addiction or the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s pages on addiction science.External
- What is marijuana?
- How is marijuana used?
- What determines how marijuana effects a person?
- Is marijuana medicine?
- Is it possible for someone to become addicted to marijuana?
- How do I know if I am addicted to marijuana?
- What are the health risks of using marijuana?
- Is it possible to “overdose” or have a “bad reaction” to marijuana?
- What are the effects of mixing marijuana with alcohol, tobacco or prescription drugs?
- How harmful is K2/Spice (synthetic marijuana or synthetic cannabinoids)?
- Does marijuana use lead to other drug use?
- Is it safe for a breastfeeding mom to use marijuana?
- Can secondhand marijuana smoke affect nonsmokers, including children?
- How is eating and drinking foods that contain marijuana (edibles) different from smoking marijuana?
- It’s legal in many states, so doesn’t that mean marijuana is safe?