Infection Prevention Training
The Nursing Home Infection Preventionist Training course is designed for individuals responsible for infection prevention and control (IPC) programs in nursing homes.
The course was produced by CDC in collaboration with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
This specialized nursing home training covers:
- Core activities of effective IPC programs,
- Recommended IPC practices to reduce:
- Pathogen transmission
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Antibiotic resistance
Available Continuing Education
The course is made up of 23 modules and sub-modules that can be completed in any order and over multiple sessions.
Available continuing education: CME, CNE or CEUs
To earn continuing education, register for the course and complete:
- All the modules
- Post-course evaluation
Infection Prevention and Control Resources
The course introduces and describes how to use IPC program implementation resources including policy and procedure templates, audit tools, and outbreak investigation tools.
Examples of resources available in the course including the following:
- IPC Risk Assessment spreadsheet (Excel) excel icon[XLS – 26 KB]
- LTC Acute Gastroenteritis Outbreak Resources (print only) pdf icon[PDF – 7 pages]
- LTC Respiratory Outbreak Resources (print only) pdf icon[PDF – 7 pages]
180 x 150 Button
300 x 250 Button
160 x 600 Button