The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting your personal information when you visit CDC websites, use CDC’s mobile applications. With respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII), CDC complies with all applicable federal laws.
- CDC does not collect any personally identifiable information (PII) when you visit any of CDC’s digital medial channels unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any PII that you choose to provide is fully protected.
- Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
The CDC Privacy Notice that follows is applicable to CDC LabTrainingVR applications. CDC does not collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) when you use its digital media from your computer or mobile device unless you choose to provide that information to us.
While using CDC’s VR Applications (Apps), certain information will be gathered and stored about your usage of the App. This information does not identify you personally. We collect and store only the following information:
- CDC receives aggregate data about the use of our Apps, such as the number of times the applications have been opened or the interactions or actions completed in the application. This is gathered via a third-party provider (Unityexternal icon). We also receive aggregate data from the platforms that distribute our Apps to various app stores (Oculusexternal icon, Steamexternal icon), such as the number of people who download the App and set-up information (e.g., device model, App version, country, language). Aggregate data are used to improve our Apps and monitor their usage. We do not, however, receive information unique to you or your use of our Apps.
- To request that your user data be deleted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CDC does not disclose, share, sell, or transfer any information about CDC VR App visitors or users unless required for law enforcement or otherwise required by law.
CDC’s VR Apps are maintained by the U.S. Government and is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in Federal court.
CDC uses third-party (non-CDC) providers to distribute Apps. Your activity on those sites is governed by the third-party website’s security and privacy policies. Users of third-party sites often share information with the general public, user community, and/or the third-party operating the site. Consequently, you should review the privacy policies of third-party sites before using them and ensure that you understand how your information may be shared and used. You should also adjust privacy settings on your account on any third-party site to match your preferences.
We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)external icon governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. Verifiable consent from a child’s parent or guardian is required before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from a child under age 13. Our digital media is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under age 13. If you believe that we have received information from or about children under age 13, please contact the CDC Senior Official for Privacy at mailto:email@example.com.
We will revise or update this policy periodically. If we make significant changes in the manner that we handle personal information, we will post those changes here and change the date at the bottom. We will also provide additional advance notice on our website if material changes are made.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS-IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.