Meet NGS Quality Initiative Project Partners
CDC, the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL), as well as state and local public health laboratories have come together to collaborate on the NGS Quality Initiative because they are in a unique position to coordinate the efforts of working groups, committees, subject matter experts, and partner organizations. CDC and APHL convened a Technical Coordinating Committee comprising experts from several CDC centers and state public health laboratories to provide subject matter expertise and guidance on the initiative’s QMS tools and documentation.
- State Public Health Laboratories
- New York
- North Carolina
- Center for Global Health
- Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- Division of Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention
- Division of Tuberculosis Elimination
- Division of Viral Hepatitis
- The National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases
- Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases
- Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion
- Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology
- The National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
- Division of Bacterial Diseases
- Influenza Division
- The National Center for Environmental Health
- Division of Laboratory Sciences
APHL works to strengthen laboratory systems serving the public’s health in the United States and globally. The association represents state and local governmental health laboratories that monitor, detect, and respond to public health threats. APHL works closely with federal agencies to develop and execute national health initiatives.
Funding for this project was provided by the Office of Advanced Molecular Detection, which is working to integrate the latest next-generation genomic sequencing technologies with bioinformatics and epidemiology expertise across CDC and the nation to help find, track, and stop disease-causing pathogens faster than ever.
To access all project products, including the customizable SOPs and guidance documents, see the NGS Quality Initiative Project QMS Tools and Products page.