The funding opportunity is unrestricted and open to any type of entity including, but not limited to, the following governmental and nongovernmental organizations:
American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
Alaska Native health corporations
For-profit organizations (other than small business)
Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents
Tribal epidemiology centers
Urban Indian health organizations
Eligibility is subject to the following clarification as outlined in the “Additional Information on Eligibility” section of the funding opportunity:
1. Applicants are permitted to submit only one application for one component. CDC will consider multiple applications from a single applicant or any application that does not clearly indicate selection of one component as nonresponsive, and the application will receive no further review.
2. For Component 1: National Training, CDC will consider any application that does not clearly indicate selection of either Track A: Electronic Learning Training Center or Track B: Classroom Learning Training Center as nonresponsive and the application will receive no further review.
3. For Component 2: Regional Technical Assistance, CDC will consider any application that does not clearly indicate selection of one geographic region with documentation of an established operating unit or office as nonresponsive, and the application will receive no further review.
4. For Component 2: Regional Technical Assistance, CDC will consider any application that does not clearly indicate selection of either Track A: Clinical HIV Testing and Prevention for Persons with HIV or Track B: Nonclinical HIV Testing and Prevention for HIV-Negative Persons or Track C: Integrated HIV Activities and Structural Interventions as nonresponsive, and the application will receive no further review.
5. Unless an exempted organization (i.e., state, tribal, or local governments), CDC will consider any application requesting to use an indirect cost rate above 8% as nonresponsive, and the application will receive no further review. This NOFO will have indirect costs budgeted and reimbursed at 8% of modified total direct costs rather than on the basis of a negotiated rate agreement, and are not subject to upward or downward adjustment. This indirect cost rate is applicable to organizations other than state, tribal, or local governments. Indirect costs under grants to local government agencies (other than those designated as “major” pursuant to OMB Circular A-87) shall be budgeted and reimbursed on the basis of the rates computed and proposed by the local government in its grant application unless the awarding office requests Division of Cost Allocation, HHS involvement.
6. At the time of application submission, applicants are required to upload and submit via www.grants.govExternal a complete application including the following PDF files:
- “Table of Contents for Entire Submission”
- “Project Abstract Summary”
- “Project Narrative”
- “Work Plan”
- “Budget Narrative”
- “CDC Assurances and Certifications”
- “Report on Programmatic, Budgetary and Commitment Overlap”
- Indirect Cost Rate Agreement, if applicable (Name file “ICRA” )
- Non-profit organization IRS status forms, if applicable (Name file “Nonprofit Status”)
- Demonstration of organizational capacity (Name file[s] “Organizational Capacity”)
- Organizational mission statement, articles of incorporation, by-laws, charter, Bona Fide Agent status documentation, and/or listing of geographic location(s) for established operating units or offices to demonstrate component relevant scope of reach (i.e., national or regional)
- Organizational chart that identifies operational location of proposed program
- Curricula vitaes, resumes, and position descriptions to demonstrate component relevant expertise and two or more years of experience for program manager(s), key staff, subcontractors, and consultants
- Management and operational structure for proposed program (visual depiction)
- Program sustainability plan (e.g., staff hiring, development, retention, etc.) to ensure staff capacity for entire project period
- List of weblinks for recent examples of component relevant work products, materials, tools, etc.
- List of physical meeting spaces, equipment, and other available resources for proposed program
- List of web links for relevant organizational or programmatic operating systems, protocols, and policies
- Memoranda of agreement or understanding to demonstrate component relevant working partnerships for proposed program
- Letters of support or commitment to demonstrate relationships with recipientsof proposed program
If any of these required documents are missing, the application will be deemed nonresponsive and not considered for further review.