Summary Reports of Waterborne Outbreaks
Local, state, and territorial health departments in the United States report waterborne disease outbreaks to CDC through the National Outbreak Reporting System. CDC summarizes these data, available in the reports below. 2015 is the latest year a summary report is available due to limited capacity for waterborne disease surveillance and competing COVID-19 response priorities at CDC. Find more recent waterborne disease outbreak data on CDC’s National Outbreak Reporting System Dashboard.
Data Summary Reports
Read summaries of reported waterborne disease outbreaks, including outbreaks linked to recreational water, drinking water, other water exposures, and unknown water exposures.
- National Outbreak Reporting System Dashboard
- Drinking Water-associated Disease and Outbreaks Surveillance Reports
- Recreational Water-associated Disease and Outbreaks Surveillance Reports
- Outbreaks Associated with Environmental and Undetermined Exposures to Water Surveillance Reports
- Waterborne Disease in the United States
- Cryptosporidiosis Annual Summary Reports
- Giardiasis Annual Summary Reports