Building & Facilities Damage
Returning home after a flood can increase your risk of exposure to mold, chemical hazards, and injuries.
Be aware of potential chemical hazards during floods. Flood waters may have moved containers of hazardous chemicals from their normal storage places.
- CDC. Reentering Your Flooded Home.
- Ready.gov. Returning Home.external icon
- The Alliance for Healthy Homes. Rebuilding Water-Damaged Homes. pdf icon[PDF – 105 pages]external icon
- EPA. A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home.external icon
- CDC. Preventing Mold After A Disaster.
- CDC. Mold After a Disaster.
- CDC. Flood Water After a Disaster or Emergency.
- CDC. Respiratory Recommendations for Reentering Flooded Homes.
- The American Red Cross. Repairing Your Flooded Home. pdf icon[PDF – 56 pages]external icon
- The American Red Cross. Returning Home After a Hurricane or Flood. pdf icon[PDF – 1 page]external icon