Building & Facilities Damage
Returning home after a flood can increase your risk of exposure to mold, chemical hazards, and injuries.
Be aware of potential chemical hazards during floods. Flood waters may have moved containers of hazardous chemicals from their normal storage places.
Avoid downed power lines.
- EPA. A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home.
- CDC. Preventing Mold After A Disaster.
- CDC. Mold After a Disaster.
- CDC. Flood Water After a Disaster or Emergency.
- CDC. Respiratory Recommendations for Reentering Flooded Homes.
- The American Red Cross. Repairing Your Flooded Home. [PDF - 56 pages]
- The American Red Cross. Returning Home After a Hurricane or Flood. [PDF - 1 page]
- Page last reviewed: January 23, 2016
- Page last updated: January 23, 2016
- Content source: