HL7 2.5.1 Electronic Laboratory Reporting Documentation
The HL7 2.5.1 ELR standard is available on the HL7 website.
- HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 1 (US Realm)external icon
- Errata for V251 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health (US Realm), Release 1external icon
- 2.5.1 Clarification Document for EHR Technology Certification v1.2 pdf icon[PDF – 44 pages]
- HL7’s Standards Licensed At No Cost Announcementexternal icon
HL7 2.3.1 Electronic Laboratory Reporting Implementation Guide
ELR Translation Tool
A software application is available from Orion Healthexternal icon that allows 2.3.1 ELR messages to be transformed into 2.5.1 ELR messages, and vice-versa.
Reportable Condition Mapping Tables (RCMT)
The RCMT provides mappings between reportable conditions and their associated LOINC laboratory tests and SNOMED results.
LOINC® (Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes)
- LOINC Homeexternal icon
- LOINC Mapping Toolexternal icon
- Top 300 Laboratory Order code setexternal icon
SNOMED® (Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine–Clinical Terms)
Click hereexternal icon for the SNO-MED technical standard.
NIST Electronic Laboratory Reporting Validation Tool
Click hereexternal icon for the NIST ELR validation tool.
Meaningful Use Standards Reference
Lab Health IT Standards Reference
For a complete list of technology standards for laboratories, access the CDC’s LabHIT Resources page (on the web page, expand Health IT Standards).
HL7 Public Health Standards
HL7 provides a master grid of all its standardsexternal icon. When filtered by Workgroup = “Public Health and Emergency Response,” you will see just the public health standards.