The global projects in collaboration with international partners aim to reduce the global burden of diabetes. DDT contributes technical skills and resources to international or national organizations and public health agencies in other countries to support research and programs related to diabetes prevention and control in these countries.
- Estimating Global Health Care Expenditure Associated with Diabetes
This project estimates health care expenditures associated with diabetes by country, by region, and for the world. Quantifying the diabetes burden for individual countries, different regions of the world, and the world as a whole can help researchers and public officials monitor changes over time and assess the effect of their efforts to prevent and manage diabetes at national, regional, and international levels.
- Collaborative Research in Diabetes Epidemiology and Economics
This project, in collaboration with national organizations or public research institutes in other countries, is designed to provide technical skills and resources to support diabetes epidemiology and economics research that is mutually beneficial to DDT and to DDT’s partners, especially in developing countries.
- Chen Y, Zhang P, Wang J, Gong Q, An Y, Qian X, Zhang B, Li H, Gregg EW, Bennett PH, Li G. Associations of progression to diabetes and regression to normal glucose tolerance with development of cardiovascular and microvascular disease among people with impaired glucose tolerance: a secondary analysis of the 30 year Da Qing Diabetes Prevention Outcome Study.external icon Diabetologia. 2021 Jun;64(6):1279-1287.
- Magliano DJ, Chen L, Islam RM, Carstensen B, Gregg EW, Pavkov ME, Andes LJ, Balicer R, Baviera M, Boersma-van Dam E, Booth GL, Chan JCN, Chua YX, Fosse-Edorh S, Fuentes S, Gulseth HL, Gurevicius R, Ha KH, Hird TR, Jermendy G, Khalangot MD, Kim DJ, Kiss Z, Kravchenko VI, Leventer-Roberts M, Lin CY, Luk AOY, Mata-Cases M, Mauricio D, Nichols GA, Nielen MM, Pang D, Paul SK, Pelletier C, Pildava S, Porath A, Read SH, Roncaglioni MC, Lopez-Doriga Ruiz P, Shestakova M, Vikulova O, Wang KL, Wild SH, Yekutiel N, Shaw JE. Trends in the incidence of diagnosed diabetes: a multicountry analysis of aggregate data from 22 million diagnoses in high-income and middle-income settings.external icon Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021 Apr;9(4):203-211.
- Nanayakkara N, Curtis AJ, Heritier S, Gadowski AM, Pavkov ME, Kenealy T, Owens DR, Thomas RL, Song S, Wong J, Chan JC, Luk AO, Penno G, Ji L, Mohan V, Amutha A, Romero-Aroca P, Gasevic D, Magliano DJ, Teede HJ, Chalmers J, Zoungas S. Impact of age at type 2 diabetes mellitus diagnosis on mortality and vascular complications: systematic review and meta-analyses.external icon Diabetologia. 2021 Feb;64(2):275–287.