Contact Lenses Are Like Underwear
- Contact Lenses Are Like Underwear Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1M] (8.5×11)
- Contact Lenses Are Like Underwear Cdc-pdf[PDF – 2M] (11×17)
Title: Contact Lenses Are Like Underwear
Don’t over-wear. Avoid that sketchy pair. Carry a spare.
1. Don’t Over-Wear
- Replace your contacts as often as your eye doctor tells you, and don’t sleep in them (unless your eye doctor says otherwise).
2. Avoid That Sketchy Pair
- If a contact comes out and you can’t disinfect it with fresh solution (never water or spit) right away, throw it out. Don’t buy contacts from costume shops or anywhere that doesn’t require a prescription.
3. Carry a Spare Pair (of Glasses)
- If you need to take out your contacts for an unexpected late night or trip to the pool, or if a contact somes out, have a pair of glasses as a backup.
- Clean your case with solution daily, and get a new case at least every three months.
- Take out contacts before showering, swimming, or hot tubbing.
Cover your butt. Take care of your eyes.
Page last reviewed: May 9, 2014
Content source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention