Female (Internal) Condom Use
This document contains sexually graphic images and may not be suitable for some audiences.
The Right Way To Use A Female (Internal) Condom
Female (Internal) Condom Dos and Don’ts
- DO use a female (internal) condom from start to finish, every time you have vaginal sex.*
- DO read the condom package insert and check the expiration date.
- DO make sure there are no tears or defects.
- DO use lubricant to help prevent the condom from slipping and tearing.
- DO store condoms in a cool, dry place.
*Female (Internal) condoms can also be used for anal sex and follow the same general guidelines as those for vaginal sex outlined below.
- DON’T use a male (external) condom with an female (internal) condom, as this can cause tearing.
- DON’T reuse a condom.
- DON’T flush condoms as they may clog the toilet.
How To Insert and Remove a Female (Internal) Condom