Module 2.6 – Detecting and prioritizing SARS-CoV-2 variants
Overview: This module describes the detection and genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 variants to prioritize COVID-19 investigation and contact tracing activities.
Presenter: Shannon R. Matzinger, PhD (view bio)
Deputy Microbiology Program Manager
Colorado State Public Health Laboratory
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Rapid Increase in Circulation of the SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 (Delta) Variant — Mesa County, Colorado, April–June 2021.
Herlihy, et al. MMWR, 2021.
- Genomic surveillance of Nevada patients revealed prevalence of unique SARS-CoV-2 variants bearing mutations in the RdRp gene.external icon
Hartley, et al. J Genet Genomics, 2021
- First Identified Cases of SARS-CoV-2 Variant P.1 in the United States — Minnesota, January 2021.
Firestone, et al. MMWR, 2021.
- Linked Clusters of SARS-CoV-2 Variant B.1.351 — Maryland, January–February 2021.
Feder, et al. MMWR, 2021.
- SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 (Delta) Variant COVID-19 Outbreak Associated with a Gymnastics Facility — Oklahoma, April–May 2021.
Dougherty, et al. MMWR, 2021.
Take the Feedback Survey for Module 2.6
More modules and materials will be added to this toolkit, so please check back for updates or subscribe to the mailing list.