Module 2.2 – Healthcare cluster transmission
Overview: This module provides insight into two separate outbreaks at long-term care settings, and how sequencing helped clarify the pattern of transmission in these settings. You can read more about this work: Serial testing for SARS-CoV-2 and virus whole-genome sequencing
Presenter: Nicholas Lehnertz, MD MPH MHS (view bio)
Physician and Epidemiologist, Minnesota Department of Health
- Serial testing for SARS-CoV-2 and virus whole genome sequencing inform infection risk at two skilled nursing facilities with COVID-19 outbreaks – Minnesota, April-June 2020.
Taylor, et al. MMWR, 2020.
- Rapid implementation of SARS-CoV-2 sequencing to investigate cases of health-care associated COVID-19: a prospective genomic surveillance study.external icon
Meredith, et al. Lancet Infect Dis, 2020.
- Genomic epidemiology and transmission dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 in congregate healthcare facilities in Santa Clara County, California.external icon
MacCannell, et al. Clin Infect Dis, 2021.
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 among healthcare workers and patients in a teaching hospital in the Netherlands confirmed by whole-genome sequencing.external icon
Paltansing, et al. J Hosp Infect, 2021.
- SARS-CoV-2 genomic variation in space and time in hospitalized patients in Philadelphia.external icon
Everett, et al. mBio, 2021.
- Viral sequencing reveals US healthcare personnel rarely become infected with SARS-CoV-2 through patient contact.external icon
Braun, et al. Clin Infect Dis, 2021.
- COVID-19 outbreak associated with a SARS-CoV-2 R.1 lineage variant in a skilled nursing facility after vaccination program — Kentucky, March 2021.
Cavanaugh, et al. MMWR, 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccine impact on rates of SARS-CoV-2 cases and post vaccination strain sequences among healthcare workers at an urban academic medical center: a prospective cohort study.external icon
Bouton, et al. medRxiv, 2021.
Take the Feedback Survey for Module 2.2
More modules and materials will be added to this toolkit, so please check back for updates or subscribe to the mailing list.