Creating an Emergency Supply Kit
After an emergency, you may not have access to clean water or electricity. Make sure you are prepared with your own supply of food, water, and other items to last for at least 72 hours.
- Visit Ready.govexternal iconexternal icon for a list of basic items to gather for your Disaster Supply Kit.
- Medical-Related Items:
- A 3-day supply of medicine, at a minimum. If medications need to be kept cold, have a cooler and ice packs available.
- ID band (full name, contact number for family member/caregiver, and allergies)
- Hearing aids and extra batteries
- Glasses and/or contacts and contact solution
- Medical supplies like syringes or extra batteries
- Information about medical devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, and oxygen including model numbers and vender.
- Documents (Keep physical copies in a waterproof bag and take photos of each document for backup):
- Your Care Plan pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB] Español (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]
- Contact information for family members, doctors, pharmacies and/or caregivers
- List of all medications, including the exact name of the medicine and the dosage, and contact information for pharmacy and doctor who prescribed medicine
- List of allergies to food or medicines
- Copies of medical insurance cards
- Copies of a photo ID
- Durable power of attorney and/or medical power of attorney documents, as appropriate.