Make STEADI Part of Your Medical Practice
Falls are not an inevitable part of aging. There are specific things that you, as their health care provider, can do to reduce their chances of falling. STEADI’s tools and educational materials will help you to:
- Identify patients at low, moderate, and high risk for a fall;
- Identify modifiable risk factors; and
- Offer effective interventions.
Materials for ProvidersAssessments, fact sheets, case studies, and additional clinical tools
Materials for PatientsEducational materials and brochures for older adults
Training and Continuing EducationTraining and resources to help providers put fall prevention strategies into practice
Success StoriesStories about fall prevention programs and successes
When you see patients 65 and older, make these three questions a routine part of your exam:
- Have you fallen in the past year?
- Do you feel unsteady when standing or walking?
- Do you worry about falling?
If your patient answers “yes” to any of these key screening questions, they are considered at increased risk of falling. Further assessment is recommended.