Mining Publication: What's the Cost of an Injury? A New App from NIOSH Estimates the Cost of Common Injuries
Original creation date: October 2017
Authors: J Heberger
Do you have any idea how much a lacerated finger or back sprain can cost your company? Safety Pays in Mining — a new, free web app from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) — can help you find out.
Safety Pays in Mining not only gives you the cost of injury claims, but also reports the most common injuries and work activities by commodity, shows how selected injuries can impact profits, and offers suggestions on how that same money might be spent if injury was prevented. The web app is available on the NIOSH Mining webpage at https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/mining/content/economics/safetypays.html.
- The Availability of Primary Copper in Market Economy Countries: A Minerals Availability Appraisal
- Demonstrating the Financial Impact of Mining Injuries with the Safety Pays in Mining Web Application
- Nature and Cost of Low Back Pain
- New Web Application: Safety Pays in Mining
- Operationalizing Normal Accident Theory for Safety-Related Computer Systems
- Physical Strength Assessment in Ergonomics
- Potential of Roof Screening to Reduce Workers' Compensation Cost
- Safety Pays in Mining - 2.0
- Technology News 558 - Safety Pays in Mining: a Web Application that Demonstrates the Financial Impact of Injuries
- Thermal Stability of ANFO Made with Recycled Oil