Mining Feature: New Web Application: Safety Pays in Mining
Friday, February 17, 2017
Safety Pays in Mining is a new web tool from NIOSH that shows the cost of worker injuries, and gives some suggestions for ways the savings might be reinvested.
This web tool highlights the costs of injuries and goes beyond just the medical bills to include costs such as loss of productivity, overtime pay, and re-tasked administrative resources. No one wants workers to experience injuries on the job, but spotlighting how accidents also hurt the company’s bottom line makes the message even clearer:
It pays to invest in safety and injury prevention.
Use the Safety Pays in Mining tool to see the financial impact of injuries on your mine and how your operation could use that same money in other ways.
- A General Framework for Prioritizing Research To Reduce Injuries and Diseases in Mining
- Nature and Cost of Low Back Pain
- Potential of Roof Screening to Reduce Workers' Compensation Cost
- Safety Pays in Mining: Technical Guide
- Safety Pays in Mining: User's Guide
- Technology News 558 - Safety Pays in Mining: a Web Application that Demonstrates the Financial Impact of Injuries