VFC Healthcare Providers Information Flyer
VFC Will Benefit Your Patients and Your Practice!
A: Being a VFC provider is a sound investment in your practice and in your patients. It reduces your up-front costs because you will not have to pay to purchase vaccines for VFC-eligible children. Also, you can charge an administrative fee to offset your costs of doing business. Your patients benefit because they won’t have to go somewhere else to get the vaccines they need, and there is no charge to you, the provider.
Children and adolescents are eligible if it is before their 19th birthdays and they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Underinsured (Underinsured children are only eligible for VFC Vaccines through FQHC/RHC.)
A: Underinsured means your patient has health insurance, but it won’t cover the vaccine(s) because:
- It doesn’t cover any vaccines.
- It doesn’t cover certain vaccines.
- It covers vaccines, but it has a fixed dollar limit or cap for vaccines. Once that fixed dollar amount has been reached, your patient is eligible.
A: The VFC program provides routine vaccines to all states, the District of Columbia, and territories for participating healthcare providers. All vaccines recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and approved by CDC and HHS are covered under the VFC Program at no cost to the participating healthcare provider. You don’t have to be a Medicaid provider to participate in VFC. Any healthcare provider authorized to prescribe vaccines under your state law can be a VFC provider.
A: Contact your State/Territory VFC coordinator. Find your coordinator. All you need to do is ask for a Provider Enrollment Package to be mailed to you.
- Complete the State Provider Enrollment forms and return them as soon as possible.
- Prepare your office and staff for a site visit to go over the administrative requirements of the program and to ensure proper storage and
handling of vaccines when you receive them.
- Once you’re enrolled, tell parents you are now a VFC provider.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.