State and Community Resources
Information on the National Tobacco Control Program, Food and Drug Administration tobacco-related rules and regulations, as well as resources, including guidance documents to help develop effective tobacco control programs.
Related Resources for Effective Tobacco Control Programs
- CDC Learning Connection: Tobacco Control
Learning products and resources designed to help the public health community learn more about the harmful effects of tobacco use.
- Winnable Battle: Tobacco Use
Brief that provides a snapshot of the context and background for this priority area, as well as descriptions of some of the systems, policy, and programmatic interventions pursued by CDC and our public health partners at the federal, state and local levels.
- Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
2007 edition of an evidence-based guide to help states plan and establish effective tobacco control programs.
- Best Practices User Guide: Coalitions
Focus on the critical role coalitions play in a comprehensive tobacco control program.
- Best Practices User Guide: Youth Engagement
Focus on the role youth play in advancing policy as part of a comprehensive tobacco control program.
- Media Campaign Resource Center (MCRC)
CDC-licensed advertisements developed by more than 25 state health departments, nonprofit health organizations, and federal agencies.
- Counter Marketing
Manual and guide to help with developing and implementing tobacco counter-marketing campaigns.
- Publications and Products
A collection of available publications, videos, and other materials that can be downloaded and ordered.
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services
This guide addresses the effectiveness of community-based interventions.
- State Tobacco Activities Tracking and Evaluation (STATE) System
An electronic data warehouse containing up-to-date and historical state-level data on tobacco use prevention and control.
- National Networks for Tobacco Control and Prevention
Networks providing leadership and expertise in developing policy-related initiatives and proven or promising practices.
- CDC's Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention: Worksite Health ScoreCard
This scorecard is designed to help employers assess their workplace health promotion interventions or strategies and includes 10 questions related to tobacco control.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about Smoking & Tobacco Use, enter your email address:
- CDC/Office on Smoking and Health
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, Georgia 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348